AffiliationIf you're interested in affiliating with ED, please read the following to give you an idea of what I'm looking for.
- Anime/manga or video game graphic sites. I prefer to affiliate with sites that are similar to ED in purpose and viewership, but I certainly won't rule you out based only on this!
- English language sites only. I want to be able to read my affiliates' websites, and I'm afraid my second language isn't strong enough to be considered literate.
- Quality over quantity. I know, I know. It's an old and incredibly cliche adage, but this is truly how I feel when it comes to graphic sites. I would much rather affiliate with a small but well-done site than one with many layouts that aren't consistent in quality. One of the things I look at is the quality of your premade layouts versus the quality of your main layout.
- Originality. I realize that nothing is truly unique anymore, which is quite understandable; I don't expect anything completely groundbreaking when I surf the web. But I do enjoy looking at sites that have been invested with plenty of creative thought and effort. In this community in particular, trends tend to make many sites look exactly alike. I want my affiliates to stand out in my mind as something special.
- I don't care how frequently you update. I will not cut you based on the frequency of your updates unless it becomes clear that you have no intention of returning to your site. I'm bad about updating frequently, myself!
- I don't care how much traffic you get. At all, ever.
- I won't pressure you to keep in contact. Life gets hectic sometimes, mine especially, so I certainly won't cut you for lack of contact. That said, I would love to get a friend out of affiliation, so I do encourage keeping in contact somehow! :)
- Elaborate a little in your email. It's always disappointing to receive an affiliation letter that only consists of a name and URL. Tell me a little about yourself, or your site, or why you're interested in affiliation in the first place. I'd like to get to know you a little.
If you're still interested in applying, you can use the contact form or send me an email at blindhope305[at]gmail.com. I don't have the heart to write rejection letters, so you'll receive a blank email in return if I don't feel your site is what I'm looking for.